How can I document my artistic growth?
- What are Investigation Workbooks (IWBs)?
- Additional Resources
What are Investigative Workbooks (IWBs)?
Students are to complete at least two open pages per week that document the development of their projects. The teacher will assess their pages on Tuesdays. Many times, students end up needing much more than two pages for their preliminary studies. These studies will be used to "pitch" their project ideas, which is necessary before starting.
- Hardbound 9" x 12" all media drawing book
- pages numbered in lower outside corner
- 2 open-faced pages per week (4 total), including
- Demonstrations of technique
- written analysis of inspired artists' work
- photos, exhibition leaflets, postcards
- citations of influential works
- a variety of mediums throughout the book
- brainstorming, development of concepts
The following Slideshare shows some images that exemplifies the above.
- Danny Gregory: http://dannygregory.com/category/journals/
- John Clapp: http://www.johnclapp.com/artw_pages/sketch_pages/sketch_main.html