Why can't I just do my own stuff?
The purpose of the Art 4 Honors course is to provide a variety of unique drawing and designing techniques that help you discover your style of art, your "voice." Towards the end of the course, usually around November, students are encouraged to create independent projects that reflect their interests and techniques so that they can continue to produce art for themselves.
Essentially you create the entire problem. The artistic problem has 3 main components:
- Concept (theme or concentration)
- Technique (type of application)
- Change (influence)
- Hardbound book 9" x 12" all media drawing book
- Pages numbered in lower outside corner
- 2 open-faced pages per week (4 total) (2 if large book)
- Demonstrations of technique
- Color studies
- Influential Artist
-Description -citations of influential works
- Compositional sketch (see image below)
- Materials list, including support (paper, canvas, bristol board, panel)
Click here for a printable checklist.