How can I create the illusion of depth?
Create a drawing that 2-pt. perspective drawing (real or fantasy), incorporates a found object, and uses colored gradients to create the illusion of depth.
- Recall prior knowledge
- Introduction to 2-pt. perspective drawing
- Introduction to Frank Lloyd Wright, American architect
- Module sequence
- Additional resources
Introduction to Frank Lloyd Wright
After hearing Mr. Brandt's presentation on Frank Lloyd Wright, please read the short biography located at http://www.jalewisarchitect.com/architecture/architect_biography/frank_lloyd_wright.htm
Complete the linked assessment below using the information presented in Mr. Brandt's lecture and from the information found at http://www.jalewisarchitect.com/architecture/architect_biography/frank_lloyd_wright.htm
- 9" x 12" piece of drawing paper with 1/2" border
- Demonstrate 2-pt. perspective using either the room or an imaginative environment
- Incorporate an object from the room, or other observed object, into your imaginative environment
- Using colored pencils (Prismacolors), create a gradient that shows the colors changing as they get further away.